Nicholas Development – An ABC Imaging Company
Nicholas Development is committed to creating quality developments and creative solutions through residential, office, and mixed-use real estate projects. With over a decade of experience, Nicholas Development has acquired, managed, and developed over 50 properties and has positioned itself as a diverse firm that quickly adapts to market changes and a variety of tenant requirements. At Nicholas Development, we strive for excellence in both service and operations.
The ideal candidates will demonstrate expertise in:
Maintaining the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, supervise work in the field and perform a variety of services in a secured facility.
• Responsible for the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building systems. Building systems include HVAC, water treatment, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying.
• Perform or supervise the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repairing of complex mechanical and electrical equipment
• Reviews and coordinates work assignments; plans work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Completes assignments and paperwork in a timely manner. Oversees the work of Engineers, Maintenance Technicians and Utility Workers.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of equipment being serviced and employs service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follows inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventive maintenance and loss control programs
• Possesses knowledge of a safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools. Responsible for the care of assigned equipment, tools and uniforms
• Responsible for keeping the shop, equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe
• Follows operational and safety procedures
• Inspect all areas of the building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement
• Monitor contractors, inspects work and generates deficiency lists
• Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs
• Ability to perform assigned functions required of a Chief Engineer
• Projects a positive appearance and attitude at all times. Demonstrates exemplary tenant relations, team spirit and respect of others
• Assist in instituting and administering policies and procedures established by Engineering Management
• Administers necessary inventory control programs to ensure adequate spare parts and material inventories
• Responds to after-hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including snow and ice removal) power outages and other related situations including clean-up activities, if other contracted personnel are not available.
• Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified personnel
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experience
• HVAC Masters License